Merchandise Planning Web Based Training
Understanding Retail Merchandise Planning is a constantly evolving challenge.
The Planning Factory has created a training course designed to give delegates a broad understanding of this demanding topic.
The course can be delivered either in-house or as an e-learning course delivered over the web
Delegates from VF Corporation, Liwa Holdings, Kojamjoom, Island Pacific, J Sainsbury, Kurt Geiger, Lakeland, Foschini, Michiko Koshino, Evant, LCP and Kurt Salmon Associates have already benefited from this course
An Introduction To Retail Merchandise Planning
Merchandise planning plays a pivotal role in creating and maintaining profitability. No other area within a retail business has such a direct impact on bottom line profit (or loss).
It is, therefore crucial that merchandisers have a broad understanding of the best practice approaches that have evolved over the last 30 years, in order that they are able to optimise the financial return on the investment that is under their control.
- To provide a clear definition of merchandise planning
- To create understanding of the place of merchandise planning within corporate strategy
- To explain merchandise planning related concepts
- To provide an overview of the main components of best practice merchandise planning
- The course focuses on the requirements of seasonal merchandise planning.
The material is delivered using a combination of screen-based lectures, exercises, chat sessions and forum-based discussion.
The course is made up of a series of modules which include:
- A Definition of Merchandise Planning
- Merchandise Planning As A Strategic System
- Key Merchandise Planning Processes And The Retail Information Flow
- Key Merchandise Planning Concepts
- Pre-Season Analysis
- Normalisation Of Base Data
- Strategic Merchandise Planning
- Category Level Seasonal Planning (W.S.S.I)
- Channel Planning
- Cross Planning (Store / Product)
- Store Grading
- Range Planning
- Assortment Planning
- Key Line Planning
- Merchandise planners, merchandisers and buyers who wish to improve their knowledge in this area.
- Senior merchandise executives contemplating the introduction of merchandise planning to their businesses.
- IT staff involved in designing or selecting systems for merchandise planning.
- Consultants who wish to increase their knowledge of this area.
Our proven expertise means that our “Introduction to Merchandise Planning” course really does achieve results.
Below you can see the self-assessed difference in level of understanding of Merchandise Planning from before and after the course.
The left hand chart shows how confident in their understanding delegates were before taking the course. The right hand chart shows the results from the same delegates after completing the course. Scores towards the right indicate higher confidence and understanding.
The course costs 299 GBP (+ VAT if appropriate) per person for three months access to the class. Discounts are available for academic users and for multiple users from the same company
To visit the course web site, and to purchase access, visit our web based training portal
What do people say about the course?
“I thought it was an invaluable tool in helping someone like me (a beginner in merchandising/allocating) to get a very good detailed explanation of the merchandise planning process”
Bobby Adonis – Merchandiser – Michiko Koshino Japan Co ltd – UK.
“The course increased my knowledge and confidence as a Merchandise Planner because it gave me an idea how things are done across the world. The topics were discussed in a very simple and comprehensive way, as this is an introduction to Merchandise Planning Course, so even new Planners can appreciate what is being pointed out in each module. Because of this course I actually changed some of my Planning style. I used to plan for as much items as I could but now I’ve learned to actually prioritize items and try to balance effort and efficiency.”
Romina Martinez – Merchandiser – Nayomi – Dubai UAE
“I cannot begin to tell you how much your course has helped with me with my learning process. It has been just tremendous. Thanks once again for a terrific resource! There are distributed resources across the internet and decades of combined experience in an organization but to take it and put it all together like you have done is really impressive. You can most certainly use my comments in any marketing that you do. I would gladly be a ‘reference’.”
Sash Dru – Consultant – Evant – USA.
“The course gave me a good structure to consider the various elements and to clarify the scope of Merchandise Planning”
David Lucas – Consultant – LCP Consulting Ltd – UK